Wednesday, August 31

I got a mantis for my birthday

Zorak
I threw a birthday* party for myself this year. It was a great idea! I don't think I'll do it every year, but I had a great time with some of my favorite people and eating some of my favorite food.

During the course of the evening, there were a few outbursts of laughter and shouts. In a party atmosphere, this is only natural. One outburst, however, was different than all the rest. This outburst was in response to an uninvited guest.

Yes, a praying mantis found its way onto my friend Nancy's face. She screamed (of course; who wouldn't!) and her boyfriend Clint quickly swooped in to remove said mantis from her visage.

Mantis on my house
I was so excited! I never saw one of these in real life. (My only reference point is Zorak in Space Ghost: Coast to Coast.)

Clint showed me where he put the mantis (on the side of my house; see left photo). We captured the little fella and then I delighted in its presence.

I got a praying mantis for my birthday!



*My birthday is August 13th, if you're wondering. Or if you want to send greetings. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Leave a comment and let's chat.