Monday, July 29

Adventures with Oiselle: my new favorite running shorts (review)

The Game Day short does what all other Oiselle running shorts do, but then it does a little more. I love my Rogas--long and regular length--but the Game Day short fits like a dream.

Here I would like to show you the comparison of these shorts so you can pick the best one for you!


Roga - classic Oiselle
A super flattering yoga style waist band combined with weightless running shorts. It's the short that started the Roga Revolution: the no-poof, super-streamlined, one rear zip pocket, booty-flattering wonder short!
Long Roga - classic with more leg coverage
If you are transitioning from running capris to running shorts, the Long Rogas are for you. The 6" inseam gives more coverage and will not chafe or ride up as you log your miles. Also a great short for trail running, hiking, or yoga class. The Long Roga running shorts have an additional hidden side pocket big enough for an phone or iPod.
Game Day - new line, but picks up where Roga left off
The Game Day Short is made from the same uber-stretchy poly woven that made our Roga Short a hit. It moves with you - for both comfort and a more flattering fit.
Although the inseam is the same as the Roga, the legs offer a bit more coverage. We have the same flattering rear detailing as the Lesley Knicker, with attractive flatlock seams. A pop of color on the rear zipper gives it a modern look.
Each of these pairs of shorts has a role in my running clothing repertoire, but lately Game Day shorts are my go to. They fit so well, the side leg coverage is better than Roga, but they don't move as much as my Long Roga when I'm moving. Long Roga has the amazing property of more fabric for a longer inseam but without making the shorts feel like granny-like. (This is a common downfall of longer shorts made for us, um, super tall ladies...)

The inseams are more noticeable in this photo. Pick the shorts that suit your style. :)

2 comments:

  1. To look good in shorts, you'll need to try out a variety of styles and find the one that works best with your body type and you have done a good work.

    http://www.apparelnbags.com/athleticwear-athletic-shorts.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Thanks for sharing this post. Do you prefer shorts or workout leggings for running? I am planning to start working out and running in order to lose some kilos. I am over weight and I want to get fit by the end of this year as it is my wedding and I want to look good.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Leave a comment and let's chat.