Monday, April 29

Countdown to My First Half Marathon

T-minus six days till my first half marathon...

  • I'm studying the course map, aid stations, and restroom locations. 
  • I'm preparing food for the week to ensure I eat right and don't do myself in by not eating well.
  • I'm making plans for how to spend the time leading up to and after the marathon. 
  • I'm tapering my running routine by running fewer miles and running with a gentler intensity.

  • I've made tentative plans to meet up with Cherie from CherieRunsThis.com, who is a Pittsburgh native. (You may have seen her in Fitness Magazine, Women's Running Magazine, or on CNN.)
  • I've surpassed my fundraising goal for my charity, Animal Rescue League!
  • I've memorized the logistics for my car, my dog, and the morning of the race. 
  • I've studied the weather forecast--it should be quite friendly for a wonderful morning run.

  • I know where and when to get my packet.
  • I know exactly what I'm wearing, even if the weather varies a little.

I am SO excited!



3 comments:

  1. Good luck! I can't wait to hear how your race goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay and good luck! I ran the Pittsburgh half in 2010 and loved it. Great event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies!!! You're so sweet :) I will definitely have a blog about it!

    Paulette, you should come back some time. I'd be happy to host you :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me! Leave a comment and let's chat.