Sunday, July 7

Garden Update: Tomato Flowers and Popeye's Spinach

I have lots more now, but here's the first!
Everything in my garden I have grown from seeds. I'm really proud of my plants. They're strong and they are just about as big as plants I've seen that other people have purchased, so I feel good about their age and maturity too.

Late last week, in between rainstorms, I was pruning tomatoes when I saw some fully opened tomato flowers!

After a few more days of rain, I decided it was time to pick some spinach. My plants took awhile longer to mature, but I think I let the biggest leaves get a little too big... they were as big as my palm!

Nevertheless, the spinach would've made Popeye proud and it was the first yield from my garden this year. I happily made a salad with it and enjoyed each scrumptious bite.
Note varying sizes in spinach leaves. :-o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Leave a comment and let's chat.