Wednesday, February 6

A Teaview: Get Burning, by Republic of Tea (review)

I just returned from the southwest where chili peppers are king with a capital K. I tried both green and red chilis in my enchiladas, my breakfast biscuits, my fudge candy, and my coffee.

I had to come home and dig into my RunnerBox to get red chili in my tea. The pop of flavor in this tea isn't just red chilis, though: in each sip you're greeted by ginger, cloves, and black pepper, which I never thought of as a tea flavoring until trying this blend. (See below for full list of ingredients.)

Get Burning by Republic of Tea is an herbal tea for boosting metabolism. Gluten-free, sugar-free, caffeine-free, zero calories, kosher, and certified organic, this tea is for everyone.*

Thermogenesis is the metabolic principle at work, by boosting the body's core temperature with ingredients like chilis and rooibus (pronounced roy-bus). Other herbs in the blend boast fat oxidation for weight loss and claim an increase in cellular energy production, supporting health and boosting metabolism.**

While I can't speak to the efficacy of the herbs, I can agree to their tastiness. The sweet taste makes the tea smooth and easy to sip as a warm drink and as you swallow the liquid, the warmth only increases as the heat in the chili peppers is activated on your tongue. The overall experience is quite pleasant and much different than most teas I've had (and I'm basically addicted to tea; ask anyone who has seen my pantry...).

I waited a few hours after trying the tea to post this blog because normally I get headaches from Stevia. Since Stevia is an ingredient in this tea (see below) instead of an added sweetener from a packet, as one might expect with tea, I was a little nervous about how I might react. I drank my tea four hours ago and I don't have a headache. Hopefully that bodes well for my experience with Get Burning (and Stevia at large, though I am not a fan of non-sugar sweeteners in general, artificial or natural; they all seem to bother me).

Overall reaction: go get yourself some hot Burning tea! The pep from the peppers is a delicious and welcome change of pace.

Ingredients: organic green rooibos, ginger, cinnamon, holy basil, black pepper, cloves, chili peppers, cordyceps extract, stevia and natural sea buckthorn flavor

*Except pregnant or nursing moms, who should read the warning here.
**These claims are not evaluated by the FDA and the product is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent disease

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Leave a comment and let's chat.