Tuesday, November 27

The Problem With Food

Last night when my DSL was on the blink, I sat on my sofa and wrote in my journal for awhile. I'm trying to figure out what's getting in the way of my relationship with food right now. It's not a simple one-and-done answer, and I don't expect it to be, but I know that at least a few of my solutions have to come from me.

I'm just not hungry. My appetite tagged along when the dish ran away with the spoon, and it's been this way for quite some time. I had a brief reprieve during which my appetite was insatiable, but this was driven by a medication, so let's forget about that.

Mealtimes come and go, and I think that I ought to eat something. So I do. Let me get this straight--I am eating! I eat. I'm not toying with an eating disorder. (Preaching of any kind can be taken to a pulpit where it is welcomed, thankyouverymuch.) I do eat. Sometimes my choices aren't great though because before I eat food is generally unappetizing or downright nauseating.

So I pick up something easy. Something that I know will go down easy, that I don't have to think too hard about. These are things like bananas and other fruits, a can of soup, a PB & J sandwich, an English muffin, a grilled cheese sandwich, pasta, or

You know what, I just got disgusted even writing that list. This is the problem. There it is, folks.

I don't want a diagnosis...  But I wholeheartedly welcome suggestions on foods that won't make me feel ill, EASY prep foods that I can go to in a pinch, or good-for-you options that are likely to both not make me ill and be easy to prep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Leave a comment and let's chat.