Tuesday, June 4

Donate Your Gently Used Running Bras!

Dear Ladies,

We all know the statistics: most of us are wearing the wrong size bra, a bra that is too old, or a bra that doesn't support us like it should. The same rules apply for athletic or sports bras... Only it's worse because sizing and support mistakes can actually hurt us.

My friend Wendy at OneToughMotherRunner (hilariously) outlines her criteria for a running bra:

My absolute number one factor in a sports bra is NO BOUNCE! 
I have good reasons for this.
First, it’s uncomfortable. It just hurts – both during exercise and afterwards.
Second, people give you funny looks. The only reasons I want people to stare at me while I’m exercising is because they are 1) amazed at my perfect running form, 2) stunned by my speed (ha! unlikely!), or 3) they think I am so gorgeous they just can’t take their eyes off of me (also unlikely – especially when I’m running!).
Third, if you don’t wear a supportive sports bra during vigorous activity, you can potentially damage your chest ligaments. And finally, unrestrained movement can lead to sagging over time. 
Sagging?!?!?!?
Sagging?  NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Wendy's humor points out many issues with running bras, but imagine not having a running bra at all...

Many young women in the world don't have access to these specialty items of clothing like we do.

Enter Gabby Grebski with Girls Gotta Run Foundation: Gabby founded this organization to help
young women in impoverished Ethiopia overcome their poverty through running. One of the things these young ladies need most is running clothing and, especially, running bras.

Enter Oiselle: teamed up with Gabby and the Foundation, Oiselle is collecting *gently* used running bras in the month of June! And, just in case you needed more of a reason to give your current bras away, if you include a note with your email address when you mail your bras to Oiselle HQ, you will receive a coupon for 15% off a new Oiselle sports bra! Oiselle just launched their latest bras in March 2013 and they are all made in the USA!

What are you waiting for? It's time to part ways with your bras for a better cause. Send your gently used bras to Oiselle Running, 7109 Woodlawn Ave. NE, Seattle, WA, 98115. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me! Leave a comment and let's chat.